Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Culture and More Culture

I don't intend for this blog to become a pop culture blog, but I do enjoy keeping up with things and seeing how it all plays out. I do think that the interaction between Christianity and pop culture is particularly interesting, and of course some of what I have done here deals with that. With that, I wanted to point out a couple of discussions or articles of interest.

Becky at A Christian Worldview of Fiction is tackling the ever-present topic of "What is Christian fiction?" See the post and comments that inspired it, then read her short story and dive into the debate.

Alex Wainer posts an insightful essay on Breakpoint talking about Christians and entertainment.

Those wishing to produce and market films to the large Christian audience looking for movies that aren’t hostile to their deepest beliefs should keep in mind several elements that set such stories on a promising path.

Read the full article to see the aspects he is espousing. He is speaking specifically about movies, but I think his ideas fully apply to all forms: music, fiction, comics, or whatever we strive to do.

From that article I discovered that Alex contributes to the Culture Beat, a blog that keeps track of pop culture and spiritual issues. Looks like a new one for my Bloglines feeds.

Check them out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment