Thursday, May 31, 2007

Miscellany

I found an interesting, if outdated, article at World Magazine today, talking about the state of Christian fiction. It gives a very good overview of where Christians have been regarding literature and where many of us hope it is headed. It does discuss the now defunct WestBow press, which I thought was way cool, but is supposedly still functioning as a part of Thomas Nelson. We shall see.

---

Next, I have a request. Have any of you Blogger blokes updated your templates through New Blogger to use the layouts? I tried to do this once and it seemed to bugger up everything, so I pulled a Monty Python, cried "Run away!" and bagged it.

If you have updated your template, was it easy to use? Worth it? Would you please share your feedback with me? I am looking at updating the look of ye ol' blog, and would appreciate any suggestions of help. Thanks in advance!!

4 comments:

  1. As I understand it, Thomas Nelson did away with all their imprint names other than Thomas Nelson. I don't think you'll see a change in the spiritual line unless sales lag.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I just came across this blog which discusses the change at Thomas Nelson.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, I didn't explain it well. The imprint WestBow is gone, but Thomas Nelson continues to publish all its books.

    To me WestBow did achieve a distinction as a different kind of Christian fiction, and that is why I was sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is another great article on Christianitytoday.com. I actually read it in their magazine about 2-3 years ago, but the article should be on-line. Sorry, but I can't remember the author. :)
    This article also talks about the state of Christian fiction and that some of the publishing houses are trying to change the direction of the fiction their putting out. Higher quality, less formula. You might enjoy it if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete