Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hard

Whenever I lack the words to express something, I can usually turn to the esteemable Rich Mullins.

Lord, it's hard to turn the other cheek
Hard to bless when others curse you
Oh Lord, it's hard to be a man of peace
Lord, it's hard, oh it's hard,
You know it's hard to be like Jesus

I know that I wasn't "cursed" last week. God is sovereign and in control. Yet, it is human nature to want to know what happened. Why? It's the toughest question to answer so often.

I don't really have any more answers on why than I did last week. It isn't easy to swallow my pride and walk in the doors of my job each morning, knowing that they don't want me in 3 months. My heart is to be a witness in how I leave. If I can walk this out in grace and peace, I think that will speak something.

But as dear brother Rich says: It is HARD. It ain't easy! It was hard last week, and it remains hard this week. I'm sure it will ease some, but it won't be the same until I pack my last box out.

It is also hard to walk like Jesus. It is the narrow way for a good reason - it takes a lot of effort. Yet God has been very faithful to me to bring encouragement time and time again.

Go read the lyrics to Rich's song (course, it is always better to go listen to it!), and see if you can't relate to how the Christian life is "hard". There can be a comfort there in knowing that I'm willing to tackle the hard road, but I know it is only by His grace and power I'm able to walk at all.

I don't want this to be sob posting every time, but I wanted to share about the struggle we all deal with from time to time.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:39 AM

    Jason, I am proud of you. You were set up and it is not fair, but the Lord always stacks the odds against us so He can prove Himself. I see you embracing the pain, the humiliation, even the death of this situation and coming through with a deeper confidence and glorious resurrection in the core of who you are. Thanks for being real and sharing your heart with us. We will continue to hold you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetcheeks,you just go ahead and sob anytime you want.

    I hope that your excellent behavior and Jesus-like response makes them reconsider. Wouldn't that be wonderful? :)

    Lord, give strength and grace to Jason, and let wonderful things come to him this very month, things beyond expectations. For Jason's good and for Your glory.

    AMEN!

    Mir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a sob post as far as I'm concerned, Jason. Just an honest look into your heart. That alone takes courage.

    I for one feel blessed to know you. You are an encouragement to me. That a man of God who wants to serve Him whole-heartedly is out there, willing to take the knocks that come with that decision, gives me reassurance.

    Odd, I know, to find hope in what must feel like a near-crippling blow. But I don't believe the timing of this is anything but God ordained.

    I've been praying God would show you what He has for you next, but I will add prayer for strength to finish this present job well. May others see God in you and be drawn to Him.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete