Tuesday, December 19, 2006

End of the Wookiees


It was an up and down year for my fantasy football team "Wild Wookiees". I started off weak, going 2-4. I then won about 5 straight games, sometimes in very close fashion. I needed one victory to ensure going to the playoffs, but I lost 2 in a row. The last game came, and I had to get real creative on my lineup (whoever plays the Raiders this week is my defense!). I managed to squeak by my division leader 104-101 and make the playoffs as a wild card.

Unfortunately, the Wookiees' valiant effort fell short this week. I lost 121-104 to the league leader. If I had played the other two playoff teams I would have clobbered them, but it was not meant to be.

Sigh.

This from the man who passed on drafting LaDainian Tomlinson this year! Arrrgh.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently, fantasy football is the thing to do. At the expense of sounding really girly, I'll admit I don't get the allure of it. My little brothers and step-dad play and they're always checking their scores or whatever. I just don't get how it works. I guess it's more of a guy thing. My little brothers probably don't get why I'm captivated with some of my sappy chic-flicks either. That's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell that to my sister. She's as competative as any of us in the league! (Except I beat my sister, brother, AND nephew for exclusive Joyner bragging rights for the year.)

    ReplyDelete