Sunday, October 08, 2006

Roamin Through Romans I

I still am teaching Romans in my church's adult Sunday school class. I said a long time ago that I would post a little about our study and any pearls gleaned from it, but I have been pretty negligent in that.

Oh well. Today we are studying Romans 6. As a study guide, we are using Francis Schaeffer's book The Finished Work of Christ, (why yes, I do happen to like Schaeffer :P). In a passage discussing Romans 6:4, he says:

Jesus didn't die on the cross just to die on the cross. Jesus died on the cross in order that we might be redeemed. Likewise, we are not called upon to die daily just in order to be dead; we are called upon to die daily in order that we might experience the reality of being alive in Christ.

There are too many gems in Romans to list them all. And Schaeffer's book is an excellent study guide to go along with the book

No comments:

Post a Comment