Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Always Learning

I have a summer cold. No one likes to be sick, but it is worse when it is nice out, the weather is hot, and you can't bundle up to feel good.

I woke up in the middle of the night with my chest feeling like it was full of pudding. I staggered out of bed, fumbling for the cough syrup. I also dug around for the Vick's Vapor Rub, figuring anything to help would be great. Through bleary eyes I saw that the Vick's had an expiration date of 2000 on it. Vapor rub has an expiration date? Couldn't be that bad, so I slathered it on my chest and went back to bed.

Unfortunately, not back to sleep. This was due to the growing sensation that my chest was smoldering. I know that Vick's evaporates, giving a nice tingling sensation to help with the chest relief. But I don't think it goes as far as wondering if my chest hair was on fire. I seriously contemplated getting up and taking a shower, but it finally subsided after about a half-hour of tossing and turning.

I checked first thing this morning, and I didn't seem to lose any chest hair. However, you can bet I will be buying a NEW container of Vick's before I go home tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment