Thursday, March 05, 2009

A Little Help?

I need a little help here, from all my writing buddies or anyone who wants to give this a shot.

I have notes on my novel idea that I keep in my Palm Pilot. I've scribbled in there for 3-4 years. I review it every so often to see if I'm missing any ideas that could be the thing I need right then, or if I'm getting off track.

Yesterday I was looking at it, and in the middle of some notes there is a name.

Guido DiGregorio.

I have no idea who this is, or what he's doing in my notes. I can't remember for the life of me why this guy is there.

So, you tell me. Who is Guido DiGregorio? (Maybe I'll have to figure out a prize for the most creative.) For those who know what my project is, if you can fit him in, all the better!

Step up to the comments, and begin!
---

3 comments:

  1. There's an unwritten rule in fiction that anyone named Guido must be a Mafia hitman. In this case, he also owns a flower shop and enjoys bird-watching when he's not out whacking people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Hi Jason,

    Guido is a real person. He is the CEO of a company called Communications Intelligence, Inc., or CIC, which is mainly a signature verification software manufacturer located in Redwood, CA. He is probably the most charismatic man I have ever known. So, he may be on your Palm Pilot notes because of his faith or because of his occupation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Cary-
    I've googled names for characters before, and I would've been well-served this time, it seems, to have done that here. Mr. DiGregorio sounds like a good leader.

    I was talking slightly tongue-in-cheek. I recall the name came to me just as an unusual, Italian-sounding name. There was a purpose for him, but I only put the name down, and forgot the purpose. Still can't remember. The trouble with fiction writers.

    Mark- Yes, but does that FIT? I'll let you ponder that. I like the bird-watching bit though.

    ReplyDelete