Thursday, December 14, 2006

Gainfully Employed...Sort Of

It's been a long road, and I bet some are wondering why this has taken so long? Well, I wish I could explain that. I've been searching, praying, and waiting for over 3 months at home.

But for now I have some employment.

I have some temporary work with a bit of a commute, but working a couple days a week will keep us secure for a while. God is good. Things were starting to stretch a little thin, but He meets us in our need.

I am still waiting to hear on a permanent job. It involves the government, so we know how that goes. I may be waiting a little while. So the temp opportunity that fell in my lap is perfect. I can still look for a permanent position, or if the sought-after one comes through, I am not committed.

Don't know why it has taken so long. There's been opportunities that have pretty mysteriously not panned out. But God sometimes works that way - gets us to the end of ourselves. He is never late, but He is not necessarily early either.

I'll let you know what I hear on the permanent position front. I may not be quite as active here in between. If you've prayed, thank you and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment